Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Charm




Second time's the charm apparently. No more damage to the rig, and a great outing. We camped at Penrose Point State Park on the Key Peninsula, Thursday night through early this afternoon. What a great campground! Mom says we went there when I was about 3 or 4 years old, but I don't remember anything about it. We arrived Thursday evening, finding the drive though the campground rather tight for our 35' 10" behemoth. What's the max length that could get through? 38 foot? Beats me, depends I guess on your comfort level. Anyway, Thursday night we almost had the 80 some spots to ourself except for one tent camper. Friday morning we awoke to clouds, and low tide at the beach. I wouldn't have expected to have that many oysters available on a beach in a State Park. On Satuday morning, we went back with KJ's boyfriend who had a license, and managed to harvest one oyster before our knife broke. We also saw people filling their quotas on butter clams. Next time we'll be better prepared. The family has been doing great conserving battery power, fresh water, and grey and black water space. I'm very impressed. Anyway, nice campground. No hookups, but plenty of clean restrooms, garbage cans, and water spigots. Lots of shade. In fact I only saw a couple of sites with less than total shade. I had a great time this trip. Maybe due to no paint transfer this time. Reminded me of the great times we had camping when I was a kid. Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: