Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Allegro cometh


So, I thought I'd start a blog to keep anyone who might care up to date on our RV adventures. What with the upcoming trip to Alaska, seems like a good idea.
We picked up the new motorhome yesterday evening. It's currently parked in our gravel drive, outside the fence, in front of the old Winnebago. The Winnebago is up for sale on Craig's List, hopefully finding a new home, and soon.
The new one is an Allegro 35 QBA. 35 Feet long, two bunks, queen bed in back, four slide-outs, in motion satellite, on a Ford Chassis. Sure drives a lot nicer than the old Winnebago! Tonight, we hope to get everything transfered between them. We have reservations this coming weekend at Alder lake, near Eatonville as a shakedown cruise.
I had originally planned to buy this RV at a dealer in Mississippi, which has a sterling reputation. But ended up buying from Poulsbo RV in Auburn when they were willing to match our quoted price (plus shipping of course). We had an overall pleasant experience until the very end. Our salesman and the shop guy told us that it would be filled with gas and propane when we drove it off the lot. We signed the papers and went to leave, finding the tank just over half full. Scott, the person we signed papers with then told us that they only fill the tank half-way. It's just too expensive to fill it all the way up (on a $100, ooo rig!). We were tired and left. Checked the propane at home and found it only 1/3 full. It's been really making me angry. Scott just looked me straight in the eye and lied. I get that all day at work, and don't need it in my personal life. He said it was a "deal buster". Not done trying yet, but they may have lost my future business on a $300,000 retirement rig over $200 in gas and propane. Now that's a "deal buster". I should have known better from what I've read on the internet about Poulsbo RV. I'll post on how it turns out... I'm really in a better mood than it sounds...

No comments: