Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Arrived at Denali

We arrived this evening in the area of Denali National Park. We got here late after stopping at a lake for some fishing and late lunch. I set everyone up to fish, and while they fished made lunch for everyone. I then took Colton's pole, which he had abandoned in boredom, and caught a fish (trout) on my fourth cast using a spinner. I think I irritated everyone else as they had caught none. I then made it worse by releasing the fish. I set up my pole with a bobber and salmon eggs and caught another one in a couple of minutes. I got it to shore and it released itself, falling off the hook and flopping back into the water. I don't think I made any friends among the other non-catching fisherpersons. Anyway, we'll be riding the shuttle bus into the park for some hiking tomorrow. We're staying in an RV park about 27 miles south of the park. Talk to you soon...

No comments: