Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Maintenance

Four stringed nightmare!

My hero!
Now in my third month in a row working weekends...  It doesn't leave much possibility of going RV'ing when the kids are in school.  However, it did make it simpler to get the motorhome into Camping World for repairs.  That pesky rear furnace is working again.  And the water valve to the ice maker that I failed to winterize correctly has now been replaced.  But it was not all just paying to have others fix things.  I have repaired two cabinet doors that had been broken, along with a drawer face.  I also faced down one of any Rver's worst fears...  Day/Night blinds.  Four strings!  I had four of them that were broken.  They have quite a reputation around the RV world for being a pain in the rear-end.  I managed to get them all down, repaired, and replaced.  I pulled all the strings and replaced them all with 130lb test poly fishing leader.  That should fix them for some time.  If not, I'll replace them with some other kind of blinds.  The first one took me four hours!  About thirty minutes a piece after that first one.  Man, what a pain...  This reminds me...  I still have a small piece of trim that needs to be replaced...  The second weekend of June cannot come soon enough.  Silver Springs, Silver Springs, Silver Springs...

No comments: